Just Keep on Livin'



                               


   For over a year now, something has been stirring up in Jesse and I.
The cool part is there is no human logic to why we both are experiencing this
same stirring without any obvious cause.  We are though, and the best way I can think to describe it is that we are "expecting."  Like when one is pregnant,
it is obvious that they are expecting a baby, but they don't know much about
this baby yet.  The characteristics, hair color, sound of their cry, what they look like and in some cases even the gender is unknown, until the delivery.
That's the closest thing I can use to describe this stirring within us.  We are expecting a change and although we don't know what it is, we are anticipating it.  Most the time there is an overwhelming feeling of excitement for me of the unknown, but there have also been times within the last year that I felt I was bracing myself and "white-knuckling" it a bit.

  I'm not sure why God has stirred us up so much in advance, or what He is preparing us for, but we are certain it's coming.  Most likely we guess, to do with Jesse's  vocation and possibly even our location, but who knows besides God! As the last few days have presented some verbal processing with Jesse I found I have been trying to guess what it is, as silly as that really is.  I have thought through all the areas of interest Jesse and I have and characteristics God has given us that might give us a clue into the direction we may be led into.  My concern has been lately, that I may be so excited and preoccupied with wondering what it is that's coming that I may not be doing what I am called to in the meantime!  So, last night as I was thinking of that in bed, I opened my hands in a picture of surrender and just asked God to help me let it rest and trust in His perfect timing and just be okay with not knowing.  I then was reminded of Moses and Peter and Paul and David and the list could just go on and on really! What I was reminded of, is that they didn't sit down and try to figure out all the ways that God had wired them or what their natural interests were, to then figure out what God was going to ask them to do.  They just lived their lives.  When the time was right for God to call them into their destiny for Him, there was no question.  God was very clear with them.  God did use the way they were designed to accomplish what He had called them to, but they never would've been able to guess what it would be!  That is bringing me such comfort and peace to think of that. I don't need to over think it. It wastes my time and brain space. I just need to keep opening my hands up to Him in surrender, and trust His perfect timing.  In the mean time,may I keep on livin' and may my 'now' bring Him glory!

Comments

Popular Posts